No one will dispute that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is not a great game.
They would be foolish to do so, for no one in their right mind would ever take that position, not when there is so much evidence to the contrary. The game was released in 1998, but it’s still the benchmark for what can be done in a single player game. The reasons are too many to mention, as Ocarina of Time is so much more than the sum of its parts.
These are just a few selected highlights, but honestly there are so many that it would be too difficult to include them all. The only thing you need to do is dust off your N64 and settle in for the best adventure of your life.
1. This melancholy opening
You can hear the music in your head right now, can’t you?
2. Link’s nightmarish premonition of things to come
3. Defeat your first boss
Suck that, Gohma.
4. The Death of the Great Mojo Tree
5. Meet Saria on the bridge and leave the forest behind
: ‘(:’ (: ‘(
6. Entering Hyrule Field for the First Time
7. But not before running into this guy
What asshole at Nintendo exchanged answers?
8. Dive from the waterfall of the Zora domain
9. Make Darunia dance at your own pace
10. Obtain the master sword
11. And become an adult for the first time
12. Steal Epona from Lon Lon Ranch
13. Fight that Dark Link Bastard
14. Jump through the Gerudo Valley
15. Being attacked by ReDeads
Which was not at all sexual and was, in fact, very terrifying.
16. Sheikh revealing his true identity
17. Having the shit scared by Twinrova
Damn, this game is getting dark.
18. Play tennis with Ganondorf
19. Get shit even more scared when Ganondorf transforms into Ganon
20. Then absolutely beat the bastard
21. Sealant Ganondorf forever … or maybe not
Oh, and one more thing.
FUCK THE WATER TEMPLE